Growing up, I was very fortunate to have parents who wanted me to see the world. And so, each year we would take an adventurous journey -- to Asia, Africa, South America...
Since finishing school and trying to become a responsible adult, there have been fewer instances for such globetrotting. Nevertheless, one of the many benefits of living in Manhattan is the abundance of places that can transport you as soon as you walk in. Below are a couple of recent discoveries that fit the bill.
-Quinto Quarto on Bedford Street. A very small, quaint Italian restaurant with maybe 12 tables. Exposed brick walls, a wait staff all with accents, you feel like you've made the trip to the boot. And it doesn't hurt that the pasta dishes are second to none. Try the cacio e pepi if you get the chance.
-Choco Bolo on Broadway between 70th and 71st. You immediately think you've walked into a Paris cafe. It doesn't hurt when there is a table of three French speakers conversating over lattes by the door. And, for a taste of something special, try the nutella croissant.
Broken Money
The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...
-
Are when the contrarian should think about buying. And so I tried. Some AUY LEAPS (filled) and a small mining services company that I like...
-
I found the following quote from a 1991 paper by Harvard professor Greg Mankiw interesting: "At any point in time, policymakers with...
-
In his most recent post , Michael Pettis explains the problem of investment misallocations and too much debt, simply yet brilliantly (his po...