Monday, September 26, 2011

A Healthy Dose of Skepticism

Perusing my regular assortment of econ and finance blogs, I take great comfort in the prevailing sense that the gold bubble has at last burst. I'm pretty certain that most of these folks missed the other recent bubbles -- you know the real bubbles -- but, this time, they should be applauded for their perception (and conceit).

I mean, it sure doesn't look like other bubbles we've seen...and the general masses didn't really get caught up in it...but, sure, they got it right this time.

In the regular parlance, and with hiccups like this past week along the way, I believe it is called a wall of worry. And we continue to climb it.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...