Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Link and A Chart

First off, I found the following article about decomposing the 1970s inflation interesting.

Next up, I looked again at the S&P chart and identified an inverse head and shoulders, except this time it is a bigger formation that dates back to May, versus the recent post where I looked at a version that had come about over the past month and a half. My skepticism of technical analysis has grown, but it doesn't mean that it can't serve a purpose and provide a view into how some traders may be thinking about things. So, I leave it to the reader to make her own decision about its utility.







Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...