Tuesday, March 27, 2012

State of the Knicks

50 games in and hanging on to the 8th seed. They are a better team than that, but another recent batch of injuries could put their postseason life in peril.

It only seems appropriate that Amar'e would start to play well and then suffer a back injury that leaves him out indefinitely. His health was always the risk with that signing. And why I wish the Howard trade that I proposed some weeks back had come to pass.

I simply love Tyson Chandler. A fierce competitor, a defensive anchor, exactly what this team needs in the middle. Instead of Stoudemire, if he was paired with a power forward like Serge Ibaka, this team would be a really tough out in the playoffs. But, that is but a pipe dream.

The offensive weapons are there. The consistency is not (even after this 7-1 stretch). They have gutted out some wins (to my surprise), but I'm still not convinced. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...