Saturday, April 14, 2012

Futbol Update

I started this blog right around the time that the World Cup was going on in South Africa. In fact, it was the subject of several of my first entries. I got caught up in it and watched about 95% of the matches, coming away from the experience wanting to follow the sport in some manner after it was done. Well, turns out it's not so easy to follow the EPL from New York. As fate would have it, Thierry Henry came to the Red Bulls that summer. So, as a New Yorker who likes convenience, they became my team. I knew up front that Major League Soccer was like watching the JV as compared to the varsity in Europe, but it is what it is. Anyway, over the past two years (or just a little under), I've started watching Red Bulls games on a regular basis, even going to one match in Harrison, NJ against Tottenham. I enjoy it. Tonight's match, though, was rough. The Red Bulls gave up the lead twice and had to settle for a draw. Essentially, it was pass, pass, turnover. That was the offensive game plan, I think. Their defense is definitely weak, especially with the loss of Tim Ream to the EPL (good for US soccer, not so good for New York soccer).

No real point to all of it, just that futbol was in some way an impetus to start writing when I did. And here's what I've done with it since.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...