Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back to the Charts

Thought it might be a good moment to check in on the charts.

First up is the 30-year bond.  Had Bill Fleckenstein not mentioned it today, I still wouldn't have realized the impressive move that's been going on, sending rates higher.  Which, of course, could just be noise rather than a meaningful turn.  Nevertheless, it is now back within the bounds of the trading channel that I drew a while back.  As for the blue arrow, it marks roughly where I bought some puts.  Clearly, my timing was off.



As for the Japanese Yen, I bought puts a bit early (see blue arrow), but I subsequently noted about 10 days ago that it looked like a real bottom at 78 was forming.  And so far, that's been the case.  Draw your own conclusions.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...