Friday, August 31, 2012
Clues
Bernanke made the case generally for QE without formally announcing a new program. That will be coming soon though, if I am reading his speech this morning correctly. And in the aftermath, the market surged and retraced to a more modest gain (at 1:55pm EST), but gold and the miners continue to run.
Broken Money
The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...
-
Are when the contrarian should think about buying. And so I tried. Some AUY LEAPS (filled) and a small mining services company that I like...
-
I found the following quote from a 1991 paper by Harvard professor Greg Mankiw interesting: "At any point in time, policymakers with...
-
In his most recent post , Michael Pettis explains the problem of investment misallocations and too much debt, simply yet brilliantly (his po...