Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ahead of the Trend

In looking for new investment ideas, there is a group of investment professionals who I like to pay attention to.  They often can be the genesis for ideas that I end up taking to the next level.

Well, with that in mind, today Harris Kupperman posted about a new long position for his fund in the Russian Ruble.  Which means that two of the guys who I think are pretty smart have started saddling up to Russia within the past few months.  Namely, there was also a story back in September about how Jim Rogers had taken an advisory role with an ag fund run by a Russian bank.  He then was on TV in the months following announcing that he was no longer a bear on Russia.  Interesting.

Am I going to do anything about it?  Not yet.  But, it certainly gives me something else to study up on.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...