Friday, January 11, 2013

Quick Rant to Close the Week

-Nothing specific happened today, but I was thinking about it so I’ll share. The progression has been something like this… Short sellers are evil and unpatriotic, so let’s try and ban them. But, wait, even on the long side, we’re going to implement taxes and fees because some of you guys aren’t holding your positions for long enough.

Can only imagine what bright idea will pop up next. Whatever it is, Doug Casey has it right. Governments treat their citizens like milk cows – eventually it will be beef cows.

-Rebel that I am, I opened a couple of small speculative options positions this week.  All with March expirations.  The GLD $175 and $180 calls, and some AAU $5 calls (whose chart I think is really compelling).  The other that I am considering is NEM, maybe some calls for later this spring in the $50 strike price range.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...