Tuesday, May 28, 2013

More signs of change

It continues to be interesting times. The S&P had a nice little rebound today after two not-so-stellar sessions. At the same time, if you look at today’s candlestick, it closed meaningfully off the intraday highs.

But more noteworthy to me is the 10-year treasury. I have provided a daily chart below that dates back to September, 2011. And what you’ll observe is that the 2.10% level, which has consistently operated as overheard resistance on yields, got blown through today. As always, we need confirmation in the next few sessions, and the trading channel started about a year ago is still in play for purposes of timing a potential reversal - but there is something to this price action, combined with the recent volatility in the JGB market, that seems to me to be significant.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...