Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Marking Time

With the U.S. knocked out yesterday, it felt like the right time to post something. After all, this blog started four years ago while I was watching the World Cup in South Africa. And quite a four years it has been.

My family has grown and for that I am grateful. I took on a new job that came up lacking, and eventually figured out that “the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now”. The Knicks are still the Knicks. I have endured several stress injuries in my leg, but still intend to have a date with the NYC Half. I saw gold go up, and then go down, and maybe start to go up again. The can has been kicked many times over. I read a few books and hopefully got a little smarter. I figured out what I am passionate about. I am still incredibly stubborn, and really watch out if you don’t feed me. The day to day worries pass, and I know with greater experience that the things I regret mostly come from that which I didn’t do.

Hopefully what comes before operates as the building blocks for what comes later.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...