The subtitle is Two Cold Wars and a Thirty-Year Journey Through Romania and Beyond and the author is Robert Kaplan (2016).
It is very much a travelogue and trip down memory lane for the author, who first visited Romania (and surrounding countries) in the midst of the Cold War. His visit again in 2013 and 2014, as the situation in Ukraine was heating up, confirming the existence of an ongoing dispute between East and West that did not truly dissipate just because the Berlin Wall came down. This region is simply the center point for that tug of war.
Broken Money
The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...
-
I found the following quote from a 1991 paper by Harvard professor Greg Mankiw interesting: "At any point in time, policymakers with...
-
In his most recent post , Michael Pettis explains the problem of investment misallocations and too much debt, simply yet brilliantly (his po...
-
Are when the contrarian should think about buying. And so I tried. Some AUY LEAPS (filled) and a small mining services company that I like...