Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Does this car come with airbags?

One of my favorite lines, and one that has become something of a mantra for me over the past few years, comes from investor Kyle Bass: "I don't get paid to be an optimist or a pessimist, I get paid to be a realist."

So, on the heels of a presidential debate that I did not watch, I offer up the following.  Realistically, my belief has been that Hillary Clinton will win this November.  Realistically, I understand that Donald Trump's candidacy is a symptom of the failure of mainstream/establishment politics and the conventional thinking attached to it.  So, in unemotionally assessing the lay of the land, whether it is this cycle or the next, I do believe that the status quo can is finally going to hit the wall.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...