Wednesday, February 15, 2017

More Tells

I am kind of shooting from the hip with this post, having not fully thought through potential causes, but...

In the last book that I read by Richard Koo, and really totally consistent with all the well-known Keynesians out there, there is a belief that a balance sheet recession prevents huge amounts of QE from causing inflation.  And, according to most "experts", Europe is in the midst of a balance sheet recession.  So, why then are inflation rates spiking up from Germany to Belgium to Spain?  Add to that, bond rates for weaker issuers (and I am throwing French OATs in there) are starting to flash out relative to Bunds.

I'm suspecting that what everyone thinks they know is about to be thrown on its head.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...