Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Get It

On occasion, after reading about a topic over and over, something suddenly clicks, and you can make sense of it. It happened for me twice today. The second instance, I think, more meaningful than the first.

-Paul Krugman helped me (finally) to wrap my head around the concept of Say's Law and why it draws so much attention (it's also worth clicking on the link within Krugman's post). And, oddly, I don't think Keynes was so off in calling what he did into question within the neoclassical framework. Which is not to say that his prescriptions are the right ones in my opinion...

-The second moment of zen came from stumbling onto The Radical Subjectivist blog. He is a thinker in the Austrian tradition, but he satisfies the Steve Keen criteria of moving past the equilibrium requirements of most mainstream economic constructs. And he also remains skeptical of what government can and should do. In other words, he's convinced me that I need to spend some time reading Ludwig Lachmann.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...