Monday, February 20, 2012

First Take

Perhaps sacrilege around these parts, but tonight's Knicks game (now the third in succession that I've been able to watch) has given me my first real sample of the Jeremy Lin experience -- and I'm not totally sold. He could be a good point guard, but at this point he always teeters on the edge of being out of control. He drives into the lane and guaranteed that at least one defender is going to get his hands on the ball. He's reckless. The flip side is that the team has started to win on a regular basis. And at the end of the games, I have yet to see him miss a big 3. But, with a roster chock full of scorers, the point guard needs to be a settling force. And, so far, Jeremy Lin ain't that.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...