Monday, February 27, 2012

Lab Testing

In light of my comments last week about the Yen and Treasury yields, I am looking to open a position in each that will put my theory to work. Needless to say, I deem them highly speculative (though they won't always be) and therefore will size them very conservatively. The most obvious way is to get short the TLT or FXY, but I am also looking to see what else might be out there that limits my downside.

I am trying to get my feet wet (not scorched) and this move will get me to focus on these ideas daily (increasing my feel for them). The stock market, generally, is boring. These ideas intrigue me.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...