Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Stay Curious, My Friends

I like to read. Sometimes investing, sometimes politics, sometimes economics, often sports, because you never know where the next good idea will come from. Today I was reading the website Stratfor, which mostly deals with geopolitical topics, and they made mention of the fact that the Panama Canal has been undergoing a widening project since 2007 that will allow it to accommodate much larger cargo ships coming from East Asia. By implication, the thought is that it will impact the business at port cities throughout the Caribbean and coastal United States. And, as a real estate investor, it seems to me that those are the places where one might want to consider purchasing properties ahead of the project's completion in 2014.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...