Monday, June 18, 2012

Game 3

I listened to the first half in the car and then watched the second half at home.  There are two takeaways rattling around my head.

1) In making my prediction that the Thunder would win, I think I took for granted just how young they are.  Which is to say, I discounted the fact that the Heat are a veteran team who were in the Finals last year, and arguably took something away from that experience, even though they lost.  And tonight, it just seemed like OKC was not playing with the sense of urgency that you need to pull out these sorts of games.  On a dime, they would cut a 7-point lead down to 3, but then settle back into bad decisions and an unexpected lack of chemistry.  It's not too late, but there is an on/off button with this team that needs to get set to "on" for a full 48 minutes.

2) The Heat are up 2-1, but we have yet to see a vintage Durant offensive explosion.  I'm sure Miami's defense has something to do with it, but I think he's due.

And with that said, this series comes down to Game 4.  I just don't think the Thunder can win 3 straight if they go down 3-1.  The button better be "on" on Tuesday night.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...