Friday, June 22, 2012

Season Over

I posted about all the other games, so I'll chime in about the finale also.  From the outset, Miami continued the theme of playing harder than Oklahoma City.  Or at least more consistently hard.  So, Lebron gets the allusive ring and the accolades that come with playing, throughout these playoffs, better than we have ever seen him before.

If there's anything in the aftermath that has annoyed me, though, it is the way that so many sports media members are trying to paint this redemptive picture of James.  That we should all embrace him now for playing without the chip on his shoulder and stepping up when it mattered most.

I'm happy to credit him for playing as well as he did.  He led his team to victory.  But, that doesn't mean I have to like him and feel satisfied that he won.  Maybe I'm petty.  I tend to think I'm just consistent.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...