Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Populist Poop

One of the financial minds that I respect is that of Jim Rogers.  If you've followed him for even a little while, you know that he has been both consistent and right in his investment decisions and thoughts on the direction of the economy.  So, while perhaps disappointing, unsurprisingly I stumbled onto this garbage at The Huffington Post -- an article that tries to demonize him for correctly speculating that the price of corn would rise.  The gist of the article is that he is profiting on the backs of consumers and farmers in the face of a severe drought.  Of course, if you have paid attention to Rogers at all, the substance of his quotes in the piece mirror exactly what he has been saying for years.  But, instead, you get the typical uniformed journalist making specious claims, and the dumbed-down masses falling for it.  Too bad.

I wonder, though, whether the author views Mr. Rogers' former partner at the Quantum Fund in the same light due to his evil speculations.  I suspect not, as I've found that logic and consistency are not requirements in order to write at HuffPo.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...