Thursday, August 2, 2012

Guess Who's Back, Back Again

In a bit of a good news today, after going 18 weeks and 3 days without, I have been cleared by my doctor to resume running.  Slowly at first, but a return to it nonetheless.

In anticipation of that outcome, I have been reading Born to Run by Christopher McDougall about a tribe of ultra-runners in Mexico.  Two takeaways, even as I haven't finished it yet:

1) Chia Fresca.  A concoction of chia seeds, water, lime juice and agave nectar.  Good for energy, cholesterol, and all other sorts of stuff.

2) For too long, I ran for reasons other than that I enjoy it.  It was about getting in shape, trying to achieve certain distances, times or speeds.  Well, the guys in this book run without thinking about any of those things.  They don't seem to get injured and they can run endlessly.  I think I may try that.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...