Friday, September 7, 2012
Hmmm...
He seemingly wrote exactly what he meant, but it does strike me as an odd comment from the likes of Brad DeLong – that the risk associated with low interest rates is a growth in Ponzi financing. After all, that is a big concession to the line of argument that the Fed is dangerous to the economy through its manipulation of rates, causing bubbles that will invariably go bust.
Broken Money
The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...
-
I found the following quote from a 1991 paper by Harvard professor Greg Mankiw interesting: "At any point in time, policymakers with...
-
Are when the contrarian should think about buying. And so I tried. Some AUY LEAPS (filled) and a small mining services company that I like...
-
In his most recent post , Michael Pettis explains the problem of investment misallocations and too much debt, simply yet brilliantly (his po...