Friday, September 28, 2012

Odds & Ends

-A good read today over at Casey Research about the philosophy of the stoics.

-Quickly running through the charts -- now might be the time to start a small bond short.

-Related to some of my recent posting on Minsky and my own view of economics, I came across an interesting post about exogenous vs. endogenous money.  The comments afterwards are actually even better.  My takeaway -- the same as before.  Whichever side you fall on, the Fed plays a big role.  And our collective fates (higher inflation) have already been sealed.

-The Yen continues to play the same game.  No resolution yet on which way it is going to break.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...