Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fools Never Learn

So much for a final word.  After avoiding the blood and carnage of the gold chart for several days, I decided to take a look.  And what I found was mildly interesting.  Where the drop finally relented on Monday ($1320 to $1330 area) actually coincided with a trend line that dates back to mid-2005.  It was the bottom part of a channel that gold largely stayed within until the spike up to $1900 in September 2011.  So, the stopping point made some sense.  Now what I am watching is whether that level continues to hold.  On the upside, Goldman advised clients to have a stop loss at $1400 for short positions.

There you go, $1330 to $1400 -- a convincing move outside that range in either direction will be telling.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...