Thursday, January 9, 2014

Gold Update

I haven’t dwelled on the chart for gold in a while, so here goes…

What I have provided below is the last 6 months for GLD. I see two things that are worth paying attention to. First, observe the downward sloping channel that dates back to August, 2013. It has been a decent gauge for where to buy and sell, and just this past week operated as overhead resistance on price. Second, I drew in a short horizontal line that starts in late November, 2013. It appears to function as the neckline for an inverse head-and-shoulders – if I’m right, then what we need to watch for in coming days is price stabilization around these levels ($117 to $119) and then an attempt to retest the $120 level. If it were to break through, the move should take us up to the $125 level or so – all of which would be significant because of the bullish inverse head-and-shoulders being completed, but also because it would mean a breakout from the channel discussed earlier.

If the question is where do I stand? I am agnostic, but constructive on where price is headed. You know what to look at.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...