Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Interesting Things

-Thank goodness for Obamacare. Whoever said “G” isn’t important to national output?!

-I liked this FRBNY chart (h/t Marc Faber):



-I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. You can’t just look at the asset side of the balance sheet…



-This is what a “failed rally” looks like… (h/t Fleck)



-“Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one’s self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily; and why older persons, especially if vain or important, cannot learn at all.” –Thomas Szasz (h/t Marc Faber)

-“…agonies notwithstanding, I do not believe in mistakes. I believe that we all go through some very bad experiences and that the only mistake we can make is to fall down and to stay down.” – Marc Faber

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...