Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Injury Update

Some weeks back (actually, 10), I made mention of the diagnosis on my right tibia that I had a stress reaction.  The doctor told me that the down time would be 8 weeks.  About 6 weeks in, there was still a persistent discomfort, so I went back and was sent to get another MRI.  That was last week, and the diagnosis was to take another 6 to 8 weeks off.  I am healing, but perhaps slowly (I think I probably have been walking too much, which is a big no-no).  Essentially, if this next "rest" period is the end of it, and there's no guaranteee that it will be, I will have gone without running for about a third of a year.  It's been rough and I find myself struggling to motivate to exercise in other ways.  To make matters worse, my vigilance when it comes to eating healthy has also broken down a bit.

At some point, I will get past it and I will run again.  But, as with a lot of things in life, even if you know you'll get where you want to go eventually, some times it just becomes a matter of hurry up and wait.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...