Monday, July 9, 2012

Urban Appeal

I mentioned the Alan Ehrenhalt book a few months ago, which investigated the trend of a population move back to city centers, particularly for the younger generation. Well, the 2011 Census data seems to confirm that idea exactly. There are obviously reasons related to the recession that have contributed, but, at least part of it, is that people in their twenties and thirties want to be close to job centers and the amenities and conveniences that come from a more urban setting. I think there are implications for my business, one of which is not to create a justification for buying when the deal simply doesn't work.

Broken Money

The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...