The NBA season is fast approaching and, until proven otherwise, the Heat are the pick. Which means I am likely headed to another painful end for the Knicks in May. That, and it's hard to get excited about a team where nothing got markedly better from last season, except the competition.
Which brings me to a strategy that some might term infidelity. I am going to watch the Detroit Pistons because I think Andre Drummond is a player worth following. The 20-year old center can't shoot free throws, is dating the star of iCarly, dunks and blocks anything in his vicinity, and is the only young player who resembles the prototype of what an NBA center should be.
The Knicks will always be my team, but I think something a bit more lighthearted and less angst-producing is needed.
Broken Money
The subtitle is Why Our Financial System is Failing Us and How We Can Make it Better , and the author is Lyn Alden (2023). I feel like I hav...
-
Are when the contrarian should think about buying. And so I tried. Some AUY LEAPS (filled) and a small mining services company that I like...
-
I found the following quote from a 1991 paper by Harvard professor Greg Mankiw interesting: "At any point in time, policymakers with...
-
In his most recent post , Michael Pettis explains the problem of investment misallocations and too much debt, simply yet brilliantly (his po...